Wednesday, October 12, 2016

"Oh, We Don't Care As Long As It's Healthy."

A lot of people ask me, "Do you want a boy or a girl?" And I tell them I want a boy terribly. I was recently told that I shouldn't get my hopes up and that I should just pray that it's healthy. Sometimes, I get offended when I hear this. If I want to pray for a boy, that's what I'll do. And if by some chance my child isn't "healthy" (by society's standards), then that's fine. That's my baby. I've actually pictured how I would feel if my baby was autistic or had another health issue. Sure it's a bit of a disappointment, but that's my baby. I still love my baby. Boy or girl, gay or straight, mentally or physically handicapped, I love my baby. I admire mothers who go through the struggle of raising handicapped children. To us, they aren't heroes, but to their children, they are stronger than every comic book character combined. 

I want a boy. I won't be disappointed if I have a girl and I won't be angry if it has an affliction. Babies are babies. Babies are cute. 


No comments:

Post a Comment